BOSS P40 MAK-Wrap is a light-weight, versatile insulation wrap for protecting metallic service penetrations through fire walls. At 40mm thick and with a 40kg/m3 density, the P40-MAK Wrap offers a cost effective, easy to install method of providing the insulation requirements to penetrating pipes, cables & cable trays through fire walls, floors and ceilings. It consists of medium density mineral fibre insulation, lined on one face with reinforced aluminium foil backing. When used in conjunction with other high performance BOSS penetration seals, P40-MAK Wrap will increase the insulation rating of the installed system by up to 120 minutes, by blocking the transfer of heat from thermally conductive services in a fire situation.
P40-MAK Wrap is lightweight, easy to handle and simple to install. It can simply be wrapped around the services to be protected and secured in place using a number of methods. The mineral fibre insulation is non-toxic and unaffected by oil, fungus, moisture and contains no halogens or asbestos.
Used in conjunction with a number of primary BOSS Firestopping products, the P40-MAK Wrap provides insulation to a wide variety of applications include steel pipes, copper pipes, lagged copper pipes, mains power cables, TPS circuit cables, telecommunications cables and cable trays, on a range of wall types including plasterboard, concrete, masonry, AAC and Speedpanel.
- Rockwool Thermal Wrap
- Density: 40kg/m3
- Thickness: Min 38mm (Nom 40-50mm)
- Width: Min 300mm (Nom 300-330mm)
- 1 Sided Face: glass-reinforced aluminium foil
Why Use P40-MAK Wrap:
- Offer up to 2hrs insulation to penetrating metallic services (FRL -/-/120)
- In a lot of applications only requires one layer of P40-MAK Wrap
- Low cost and simple installation
- Approved to be used with FireMastic-300™, BOSS Batt, FirePillows-240™, MaxiCollar™ aperture seals
- Approved for a wide variety of mixed service bundles with the BOSS Fire Transit Box
- Tested and approved to AS1530.4 at only 300mm wide
- Ensure that service penetration sealing system (eg. BOSS FireMastic-300, BOSS Fire Transit Box) has been installed correctly as per the installation instructions for that system.
- Remove all unnecessary combustible materials from area adjacent to the seal. Use a dust pan and brush, sweep all loose material and debris from the services and service support system.
- Insulation lagging on services may be left intact.
- Wear suitable attire and eye protection to avoid skin and eye contact.
- Fasten one end of the wrap to the services / tray being wrapped using adhesive-backed foil tape.
- Carefully install the wrap around the service/s and/or tray, applying gentle tension to the foil backing to ensure a snug fit.
- Cut the wrap to the required length, to ensure a minimum overlap across the join of 100mm or as per the supporting tested system. Note that some tested systems require the services to be wrapped to form multiple layers or in some cases be extended in distance from the substrate requiring multiple wraps.
- Secure the wrap across the join using adhesive-backed foil tape.
- Any exposed fibres on the edges of the wrap can be covered by application of a strip of adhesive-backed foil tape.
- Secure the wrap in position using steel tie-wire or steel cable ties.
- Maintain a record of the installation and label as required.
For more information, please contact BOSS team directly on 1300 50 BOSS.Technical Datasheet Safety Data Sheet
Part ID :
1.0m x 300mm x 38mm
4.5m x 300mm x 38mm