BOSS Fire® Transit Box – Multi Service Cable and Pipe Transit
“The GameChanger®”. Offering the simplest and most effective fire stopping method available for mixed multi-services.
The BOSS Fire® Transit Box is tested and approved for up to 120 minutes on a larger variety of services than ever before. Whilst still offering a huge range of mixed services used in high rise apartment and hotel construction for SOU entries, the BOSS Fire® Transit Box is now also suitable for floors and ceilings. Designed to allow multiple services to all pass through one single fire rated enclosure, the BOSS Fire® Transit Box is the only tested and proven method of fire stopping your services with such simplicity of installation and ease of compliance. Typical projects include apartments, hotels & student accommodation for SOU entries. The BOSS Fire Transit Box can also be used in commercial buildings such as data centres, hospitals and aged care facilities.
The BOSS Fire® Transit Box allows you to group various electrical, plumbing, HVAC+R services all through one easy to use and easily certified box. Because services trades don’t need to treat their services individually, risk is removed from using incorrect products or not having them installed correctly.
10 KEY REASONS TO CHOOSE THE BOSS FIRE® TRANSIT BOX
- Offers up to Industry leading 2 hour fire rating (FRL -/120/120)
- 60min and 90min (FRL -/60/60 and -/90/90) configurations available without any requirement for thermal wraps.
- Approved for a wide range of walls, floors & ceilings
- Easy and cost effective installation saving up to 90% of installation time.
- Acoustic system rated to Rw50 – BCA compliant for apartment construction.
- Large range of tested and certified services for Electrical, Plumbing and HVAC trades.
- Tested and certified firestopping to AS1530.4-2014 and AS4072.1 for a variety of services.
- The BOSS Fire® Transit Box makes AS1851 periodic maintenance inspections simple and reliable.
- The unique BrushSeal™ offers future proofing construction design which ensures that services can be added or changed at later stages without any need for new firestopping measures.
- Services simply “pass through” with no need to cut individual holes, no is there any need to cut any inserts or seal any individual service. The intumescent inside expands rapidly closing off the services in the event of a fire.
The BOSS Fire® Transit Box is easily fixed to the underside of concrete soffit before walls are built, or be installed into the wall during construction in a mid wall mount scenario. A range of fixing methods are available including retrofit options using equal angles. Recent additions to the range include retrofit options to concrete floor slabs and also ceiling approvals.
Once the box is installed, services simply “pass through” the box. There is no need to core individual penetrations for each service, or cutting any inserts, nor do you need to seal or treat every individual service. The unique BrushSeal™ allows services to be passed through the box at any time of construction, or even later after a project has been completed making it easier than ever for maintenance contractors and building managers to maintain fire compliance once the building is occupied.
HOW DOES IT WORK IN FIRE?
The BOSS Fire® Transit Box contains an advanced high pressure intumescent internally that upon getting exposed to high temperatures, expands to create a superior performing fire seal. Coupled with the unique BOSS Fire® BrushSeal™ that is designed to make the installation and compliance simple, ultimately leading to an industry-leading level of protection. The BOSS Fire® Transit Box benefits from the same advanced intumescent technology as the best-in-category BOSS FireMastic-HPE™ intumescent sealant.
The BOSS Fire® Transit Box shown above after successful completion of a fire test, on the exposed side to the fire.
The BOSS Fire® Transit Box has been designed in conjunction with some of Australia’s leading construction design partners. It offers major benefits to the typical apartment project or any application requiring multiple services to be fire rated.
It is suitable for various projects and applications:
- Apartment entry walls and above doorways in high-rise residential apartment blocks
- SOU entry walls in Hotels and Student Accommodation Buildings
- Computer rooms and data centres
- Corridors and tunnels where services pass through multiple fire rated walls
- Risers and shaft walls
- Industrial applications with “multi-service” requirements
- Office tower passive fire stopping and fire rating.
- Use in concrete floor slabs
“We tried the BOSS Fire® Transit Box in our new apartment project West End, Brisbane because it was recommended to us. To be honest I didn’t realise how much it was going to save us, the installation time is extremely fast and our total fire stopping labour time has been slashed. It’s the simplest, most effective fire stopping method available.” – Peter Haines BPM Group
CERTIFIED SERVICES INCLUDE:
- Steel sprinkler pipes up to 60mm Diameter
- Copper pipes – Lagged and Unlagged up to 40mm
- PEX Water pipes up to 32mm
- PEX/AL/PEX Gas Pipes up to 32mm
- A/C Lagged copper Paircoil pipes for HVAC (Up to 13mm/19mm)
- uPVC pipes and conduit up to 32mm
- Mains and Sub Mains Power cables
- TPS power cables
- Aluminium Core Power Cables
- Data Cables including CAT6 & CAT5E
- Security, Intercom, Fire and EWIS cables
- Coax TV (MATV / CATV / SMATV) cables.
- NBN Cables and Conduit
- PP Pipes up to 32mm
- HDPE Pipes up to 32mm
- PB Pipes up to 32mm
CERTIFIED SUBSTRATES INCLUDE:
- Fire Rated Plasterboard wall systems
- Shaftliner / Shaftwall systems
- Concrete / Masonry Walls
- AAC / Hebel Walls
- Dincel Walls
- AFS Walls
- BOSS Batt
- Speedpanel & Korok Walls
- CLT (Cross Laminated Timber) Walls
- Concrete Floor Slabs
- Plasterboard Ceilings
Please check the relevant fire certification to ensure the services, substrates and configurations meet your fire rating requirements.
Each project and/or application may have specific requirements and you should investigate these carefully. Ensure that you have read and understood the appropriate certification relative to your needs, and ensure you seek acceptance from the Certifying Authority or compliance inspector before installation. Ensure the installation is carried out in accordance with the test certification, manufacturers instructions and in accordance with the relevant building codes and Australian Standards to your state or territory. For updates on the range of BOSS Fire® certification please contact BOSS Technical Services.
For complete peace-of-mind, choose the BOSS Fire® Transit Box for ease of fire stopping installation, compliance & reliability.
For more information call our Technical Services team on 1300 502 677 to discuss your project requirements or follow the below links for more information: