BOSS Fire® Transit Box – Multi Service Cable and Pipe Transit
“The Game Changer”. Offering the simplest and most effective fire stopping method available.
The latest generation of BOSS Fire® Transit Box provides 2 hours of fire protection for clusters of multi-service cables and pipes in one integrated box.
Ideal for apartments and commercial applications, this latest model BOSS Fire® Transit Box is simple to install and offers an innovative method of fire stopping with a higher performance on more services than ever before.
Due to our advanced intumescent “BOSS FireMastic-HPE” sealant, the Australian-made BOSS Fire® Transit Box guarantees a fast-acting reaction to fire, expanding internally within the box and closing rapidly around the penetrating services.
BOSS Fire® Transit Box offers industry-leading 2 hours of fire resistance
The BOSS Fire® Transit Box has been successfully tested to stop the transfer of fire and smoke through the wall and insulate the services from heat transfer for over 2 hours.
With a Fire Resistance Level of -/120/120, it offers a far superior performance to any other product available on the Australian market.
Saves time & money
The BOSS Fire® Transit Box is simple & cost effective to install. It has been developed with BOSS’s own innovative smoke resistant and flame-proof brush seals on the face of the box, which quickly seal around penetrating services.
As there is no cutting or fitting required, installing services through the BOSS Fire® Transit Box literally takes seconds. It eliminates any concerns about the ability of subcontractors to provide certifiable firestopping systems.
“Reduce Installation labour by up to 90%”
Designed for complex fire rating applications
The BOSS Fire® Transit Box has been designed in conjunction with some of Australia’s leading construction design partners. It offers major benefits to the typical apartment project or any application requiring multiple services to be fire rated in confined spaces.
It is suitable for:
- Apartment entry walls and above doorways in high-rise residential apartment blocks
- Computer rooms and data centres
- Corridors and tunnels where services pass through multiple fire rated walls
- Riser shaft walls to common areas
- Industrial applications with “multi-service” requirements
- Office tower passive firestopping and fire rating.
- Use in concrete floor slabs
“We tried the BOSS Fire® Transit Box in our new apartment project West End, Brisbane because it was recommended to us. To be honest I didn’t realise how much it was going to save us, the installation time is extremely fast and our total fire stopping labour time has been slashed. It’s the simplest, most effective fire stopping method available.” – Peter Haines BPM Group
Suitable for multiple services
The following services have all been tested to be used together in the BOSS Fire® Transit Box:
- Steel sprinkler pipe
- Copper pipes (including Class B)
- Multiple PEX plumbing pressure pipes
- PEX/AL/PEX aluminium lined PEX gas pipe
- Lagged copper Paircoil pipes for HVAC
- uPVC conduit
- Mains power cables
- TPS power cables
- Multicore cables
- Security, Intercom, Fire and EWIS cables
- Coax TV cables.
- PP Pipes
- HDPE Pipes
- PB Pibes
Certified Substrates can include:
- Fire Rated Plasterboard wall systems
- Shaftliner / Shaftwall systems
- Concrete / Masonry Walls
- AAC / Hebel Walls
- Dincel Walls
- BOSS Batt
- Speedpanel Walls
- Korok Walls
- CLT Walls
- Concrete Floor Slabs
9 key reasons to choose the BOSS Fire® Transit Box
- It consolidates firestopping into one simple and central location guaranteeing compliance across all services.
- Eliminates the need for separation of services through fire walls
- Guaranteed compliance everytime, eliminating the risk of subcontractors installing incorrect solutions.
- Tested at Melbourne’s Exova laboratories to 120min (FRL -/120/120), the BOSS Fire® Transit Box performs at the highest levels.
- Acoustic rated to Rw50 – BCA compliant for apartment construction.
- The unique design allows for easy and cost effective installation saving up to 90% of installation time.
- The BOSS Fire® Transit Box offers fully compliant firestopping to AS1530.4 and AS4072.1 for a variety of services.
- The BOSS Fire® Transit Box makes AS1851 periodic maintenance inspections simple and reliable.
- The unique BrushSeal™ design ensures that services can be added or changed at later stages without any need for new firestopping measures.
Installation of the BOSS Fire® Transit Box is the fastest method of fire rating multiple bundles of varying services through one simple transit device. The BOSS Fire® Transit Box can be installed to underside of soffit, or mid wall. It can be installed before any walls are constructed or retrofitted afterwards. The BOSS Fire® Transit Box can even be installed from one side of the wall in riser scenarios. The box also features BOSS’s unique Support Trapeze to assist with separation of services in a fully loaded BOSS Fire® Transit Box .
For complete peace-of-mind, choose the BOSS Fire® Transit Box for ease of firestopping installation, compliance & reliability.
Call our Technical Services team on 1300 50 BOSS or email firstname.lastname@example.org to find out more about our range of BOSS Fire® Transit Box’s.
Part ID : BFB-150, BFB-300.
Size & Shape :
- BFB-150: 150mm Wide x 150mm High x 270mm depth
- BFB-300: 300mm Wide x 150mm High x 270mm depth
- Other sizes may be available upon request. Please contact our office on 02 9531 8591.