BOSS FyreBox – Multi Service Cable and Pipe Transit
The BOSS FyreBox is revolutionising firestopping methods for large bundles of mixed services. Designed to allow large bundles of pipes and cables to all pass through one single fire rated enclosure, the BOSS FyreBox is the only tested and proven method of firestopping multiple services with such simplicity of installation and ease of compliance. Commonly used for apartment entry configurations above an entry door to an SOU, the BOSS FyreBox is also suited for service risers, shafts, plant areas and data rooms in a variety of residential, commercial and industrial buildings.
The new generation of BOSS FyreBox is now tested and approved to AS1530.4: 2014 and AS4072.1-2005 for 60, 90 and 120 minute configurations on a larger variety of services than ever before. New approvals relate to a wider variety of wall, floor and ceiling systems.
For individual services or infill requirements BOSS Fire® also offers a wide range of traditional firestopping methods that includes collars, sealants and other cavity barriers such as batts, pillows and mortar.
10 KEY REASONS TO CHOOSE THE BOSS FYREBOX
- Up to 2 hour fire rating (FRL -/120/120)
- Rw50 acoustic rating
- Approved for a wide range of walls, floors & ceilings
- Wide variety of services and mixed combinations
- Saves up to 90% of labour costs
- Makes AS1851 periodic maintenance inspections simple and reliable
- Services can be easily added after installation
- Tested & approved to AS1530.4-2014 and AS4072.1-2005
- Many typical apartment service configurations available
- Large variety of electrical, plumbing & HVAC services certified
- Drastically lowers total cost of apartment firestopping
The BOSS FyreBox is easily fixed to the underside of concrete soffit before walls are built, or be installed into the wall during construction in a mid wall mount scenario. A range of fixing methods are available including retrofit options using equal angles. Recent additions to the range include retrofit options to concrete floor slabs and also ceiling approvals.
Once the FyreBox is installed, services simply “pass through” the FyreBox. There is no need to core individual penetrations for each service, or cutting any inserts, nor do you need to seal or treat every individual service. The unique BrushSeal™ allows services to be passed through the FyreBox at any time of construction, or even later after a project has been completed making it easier than ever for maintenance contractors and building managers to maintain fire compliance once the building is occupied.
HOW DOES IT WORK IN FIRE?
The BOSS FyreBox contains an advanced high pressure intumescent internally that upon getting exposed to high temperatures, expands to create a superior performing fire seal. Coupled with the unique BOSS Fire® BrushSeal™ that is designed to make the installation and compliance simple, ultimately leading to an industry-leading level of protection. The BOSS FyreBox benefits from the same advanced intumescent technology as the best-in-category BOSS FireMastic-HPE™ intumescent sealant.
The BOSS FyreBox shown above after successful completion of a fire test, on the exposed side to the fire.
The BOSS FyreBox has been designed in conjunction with some of Australia’s leading construction design partners. It offers major benefits to the typical apartment project or any application requiring multiple services to be fire rated.
It is suitable for various projects and applications:
- Apartment entry walls and above doorways in high-rise residential apartment blocks
- SOU entry walls in Hotels and Student Accommodation buildings
- Computer rooms and data centres
- Corridors and tunnels where services pass through multiple fire rated walls
- Risers and shaft walls
- Industrial applications with “multi-service” requirements
- Office tower passive fire stopping and fire rating.
- Use in concrete floor slabs
“We tried the BOSS FyreBox in our new apartment project West End, Brisbane because it was recommended to us. To be honest I didn’t realise how much it was going to save us, the installation time is extremely fast and our total fire stopping labour time has been slashed. It’s the simplest, most effective fire stopping method available.” – Peter Haines BPM Group
CERTIFIED SERVICES INCLUDE:
- Mains Cables
- Power Cables
- TPS Power Cables
- uPVC Conduits
- Data / Comms Cables – NBN, CAT6, CAT5E, CAT7
- Coax Cables – CATV / MATV / SMATV
- Security, Lan, Fig 8, Fibre Optic, EWIS & Speaker
- Aluminium Core Power Cables
- Steel Sprinkler Pipes
- Copper Gas / Water Pipes
- uPVC & cPVC Pipes
- PEX & PEX-AL Water & Gas Pipes
- Air Conditioning Lagged Copper Pipes / Paircoil
- HDPE, PP, PP-R & PB Pipes
- Lagged & Unlagged PE-RT or PE-RT Kelox Pipes
APPROVED SUBSTRATES INCLUDE:
- Fire Rated Plasterboard wall systems
- Shaftliner / Shaftwall systems
- Concrete / Masonry Walls
- AAC / Hebel
- Blank infill panel of BOSS Batt
- Pronto Panel
- Partiwall / Party Wall Systems
- IntRwall Systems
- CLT (Cross Laminated Timber) Walls
- Concrete Floor Slabs
- Plasterboard Ceiling / Ceiling Floor Systems
For detailed approval information on the fire certification including service sizes, approved substrates and tested systems refer to Technical Data Sheets & Product Certification.
The BOSS FyreBox must be installed in accordance with the manufacturer’s specifications or be subject of a Performance Solution.
Make sure you check your relevant Building Regulations, local laws and AS/NZS Standards to properly understand your obligations.
Each project and/or application may have specific requirements and you should investigate these carefully. Ensure that you have read and understood the appropriate certification relative to your needs, and ensure you seek acceptance from the Certifying Authority or compliance inspector before installation. Ensure the installation is carried out in accordance with the test certification, manufacturers instructions and in accordance with the relevant building codes and Australian Standards to your state or territory. For updates on the range of BOSS Fire® certification please contact BOSS Technical Services.
For complete peace-of-mind, choose the BOSS FyreBox for ease of fire stopping installation, compliance & reliability.
For more information call our Technical Services team on 1300 502 677 to discuss your project requirements or follow the below links for more information: